Контрольная работа по дисциплине «Английский язык в профессиональной сфере» для студентов - страница №1/1
Решением кафедры иностранных языков НЭПИ (филиала) ТюмГУ
от 04.10.2012, протокол № 2
Контрольная работа по дисциплине «Английский язык в профессиональной сфере»
для студентов II курса в III семестре
направления «Государственное и муниципальное управление»
Management, by definition, is a function of planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling. Any managerial system, at any managerial level, characterized in term of these general functions.
Management is revealed in a variety of specific activities. Marketing management refers to a broad concept covering organization of production and sales of products, which is based on consumer requirements research. All companies must look beyond their present situation and develop a long-term strategy to meet changing conditions in their industry. Marketing management, therefore, consists of evaluating market opportunities, selecting market strategies, planning marketing tactics and controlling marketing results.
Strategic planning includes defining the company’s long-term as well as specific objectives, such as sales volume, market share, profitability and innovation, and deciding on financial, material and other resources necessary to achieve those objectives.
In problems of market selection and product planning one of the key concepts is that of the Product Life Cycle. That products pass through various stages between life and death (introduction – growth – maturity – decline) is hard to deny. Equally accepted is the understanding that a company should have a mix of products with representation in each of these stages. Companies can make far more effective marketing decisions if they take time to find out where each of their products stands in its life cycle.
However, the concept of the product life cycle seems frequently forgotten in marketing planning, while leads to wrong decision-marking. This may well be seen in the following story.
A supplier of some light industrial equipment felt that the decline in the sales of his major product was due to the fact that it was not receiving the sales support it deserved. In order to give extra sales support to this problem case a special advertising campaign was run. This required cutting into marketing budgets of several promising products that were still in their “young” growth phase. In fact, the major product has long since passed the zenith of its potential sales, and no amount of additional sales support could have extended its growth. This became quite clear in the end-of-tear sales results which showed no improvement. The promising products, however, went into gradual sales decline.
In short, management has failed to consider each product’s position in its life cycle.
Запомните слова и выражения из текста.
management – действие) управление, руководство, менеджмент.
managerial – управленческий, административный.
concept – понятие.
to evaluate – оценивать, давать оценку.
profitability – прибыльность, рентабельность.
product life cycle – жизненный цикл товара.
to decline – падать, сокращаться.
mix – состав, ассортимент.
due to – благодаря в результате.
sales support – стимулирование сбыта.
to cut into – вклиниться.
gradual – постепенный.
to define – определять.
definition – определение.
market share – доля на рынке.
decision-making – принятие решений.
2) Соедините фразы первой (1-7) и второй (a-g) колонок так, чтобы получилось правильное утверждение. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
Например: 6d – Любая административная система характеризуется всеми управленческими функциями.
3) Образуйте словосочетания, используя слова группы А и группы В. Каждое слово может быть использовано только один раз.
1) Strategic planning includes …
2) It’s hard to deny …
3) Management, by definition, is a …
4) Marketing management consists of …
5) All companies must develop …
6) Any managerial system …
opportunities, selecting markets,
7) One of the key concepts in problems of market selection and product planning is …
a) function of planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling.
b) a long-term strategy to meet changing condition in their industry.
c) defining the company’s long-term as well as specific objectives.
d) is characterizes in all the managerial functions.
e) that product pass through various stages between life and death.
f) evaluating market developing market strategies, planning marketing tactics and controlling marketing results.
g) the product life cycle.
A: General, manager, market,
specific, long-term, life, sales, marketing, strategic, industrial, key, advertising, a mix of, growth, lead to, evaluate.
B: System, objectives, cycle, functions, concepts, tactics, share, volume, planning, strategy, equipment, phase, wrong decision-making, campaign, market opportunities, products.
4) Задайте вопросы к подчеркнутым словам, начиная с вопросительных слов, данных в скобках.
1. One of the key concept in problems of market selection and product planning is the Product Life cycle. (What … ?) – What is one of the key concepts in problem of market selection and product planning?
2. Management is a function of planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling. (What … ?).
3. A company should have a mix of products with representation in each of these stages: introduction – growth – maturity – decline. (What mix … ?).
4. Any managerial system is characterized in term of its general functions. (How …?).
5. A special advertising campaign was run in order to give extra sales support in the case of the decline in the sales of the major product. (Why …?).
6. All companies must look beyond their present situation and develop a long-term strategy to meet changing conditions in their industry. (What for …?).
4) Переведите устно весь текст и письменно 1, 2, и 3 абзацы текста.
Составитель: старший преподаватель Матвеева Т.Л.